Monday, April 12, 2010

20 month CHANGES

Calan is 20 months old!

There are so many exciting changes!


Calan got to visit a Dinosaur Park for the first time.

He got to pet a goat for the first time!


Calan is such an animal lover!


He also LOVES to swing.

(he could spend hours in a swing)





DEVELOPMENTAL CHANGES:


Since his speech is delayed, we are teaching him basic sign language.

Our first attempt is with the "more" sign.

He picked it up within a month.

The pic above is him signing "more" to signify more food/drink.






Calan has graduated to a different sippy cup.

Since his arm tone was so low, he needed to have a straw to drink everything.

Now, he has enough tone in his arms to lift the sippy cup to his mouth!

He can use a sippy cup with or without handles and without a straw. Woohoo!





Our most favorite change of them all:



We have a SITTER!




Yep, Calan is officially an independent sitter!!





We couldn't be more proud of him.

I think he's quite happy too!



We couldn't be more thrilled with his progress.







Other tidbits about Calan:


Saying "bite" when hungry

Other words: "dadda" and "up"

Loves to give lots of kisses

Eats everything I give him

Shakes his head no when I don't give him the bite of food he prefers

Still only drinks water (I'm going to introduce almond milk soon)

Starting to lift up on all fours for brief moments!

Lowered the crib to the bottom notch

Turned the car seat around (finally!) and he LOVES it!

Loves to open and close things

Favorite toy is a racecar

1 comments:

Bonnie said...

YEA!!! I am so excited for you guys! I know that sitting is such a huge step, way to go!!! Keep up the good work!